Last Revised March 1, 2023
1. We collect your information to provide you with our services
- 1. We collect your information to provide you with our services.
- 2. We may collect information automatically from your devices.
- 3. We may collect and use your personal information to provide you with our services.
- 4. We may have various legal bases for processing your personal information.
- 5. We may retain your personal information in accordance with our policies.
- 6. Our services are not intended for children.
- 7. We may disclose your personal information to third parties.
- 8. We provide you with notices under applicable state laws.
- 9. You may exercise your rights under applicable laws relating to your personal information.
- 10. You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications.
- 12. We may disclose your information for corporate transactions.
- 14. We may transfer your personal information from Europe to the United States.
- 16. You may contact us.
We may collect various categories of personal information from or about you, including your name, email address, phone number, mobile phone number, employer, professional information, and other information you may provide to us.
We may collect personal information from you when you visit our website, register or log into an account, sign up to receive updates from us via email or social media channels, contact us via email, social media, or other online methods, or when you mention us on social media.
We may also collect personal information about you indirectly about you from various sources, including from data providers, partners, or publicly available sources.
Please note that if you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services.
2. We may collect information automatically from your devices
We may collect information automatically using cookies or similar technologies when you use our website, send us an email, or interact with our emails or advertisements. The information we collect automatically may include:
3. We may collect and use your personal information to provide you with our services
- - Internet protocol address,
- - Device identifier,
- - Advertising identifier,
- - Browser type and language,
- - Operating system,
- - Date and time stamp,
- - Session ID,
- - Internet service provider,
- - Web pages and advertisements visited,
- - Internet protocol address location,
- - Click or touch stream data, movement, scroll, and in some cases, keystroke activity, and
- - Third-party websites you were using before and after interacting with our website.
We may collect, use, store, disclose, or otherwise process your personal information in order to provide our services, website, applications, and associated social media applications. We may also use your personal information to:
- - Improve our website, associated applications, and associated social media platforms,
- - Provide our platform's core features and services to our customers,
- - Enable you to customize or personalize your experience of our website,
- - Contact and communicate with you,
- - Conduct analytics, market research, and business development,
- - Advertise, market, and promote our services,
- - Comply with applicable laws, our legal obligations, or resolve disputes,
- - Protect our rights or the rights of third parties, or
- - Secure our services, website, applications, prevent fraud, and as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
We may combine personal information collected from you with personal information collected from other sources.
4. We may have various legal bases for processing your personal information
Our legal bases for collecting, using, storing, or otherwise processing your personal information include your consent, performance of a contract, our legitimate interests, or our compliance with applicable laws.
We may process your personal information where you give us consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time using the facilities we provide; however this will not affect any use of your information that has already taken place. For example, you may consent to providing your email address for the purpose of receiving marketing emails from us.
Performance of a Contract.
We may process your personal information where you have entered into a contract with us. For example, if you enter into a contract with us for our services, we may process your personal information in accordance with that contract.
Our Legitimate Interests.
We may process your personal information for our legitimate business interests. Our legitimate business interests may relate to providing, developing, or improving our services, fraud detection and prevention, risk assessment, or protecting our legal rights and interests.
Compliance with Law.
We may process your personal information where we are required to do so by applicable laws, including relating to court orders, criminal investigations, government requests, or regulatory obligations.
5. We may retain your personal information in accordance with our policies
We may retain your personal information for our business purposes, in order to provide our services, in accordance with our records retention policies, in accordance with our legal obligations, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
6. Our services are not intended for children
Our services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information about children under the age of 13.
7. We may disclose your personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
8. We provide you with notices under applicable state laws
- - Affiliates or subsidiaries of our company,
- - Third-party service providers that allow us to provide our services, including, without limitation, IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, professional advisors, payment processors, or payment services providers,
- - Our employees, contractors, agents, or similar providers,
- - An entity that buys, or to which we transfer all or substantially all of our assets and business, and
- - Third parties that collect and process personal information on our website as described below.
The personal information that HR Signal collects about you may include the following categories of personal information (followed by examples for each category):
- a. Identifiers. Examples include real name, alias, postal address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- b. Personal information described in California Civil Code Section 1798.80(e). Examples include signature, physical characteristics or description, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, or debit card number (if you make payments to us).
- c. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law. Examples include gender, age, or marital status.
- d. Commercial information. Examples include records of products or services purchased, leased, rented, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- e. Biometric information. HR Signal does not collect biometric information about you.
- f. Internet or other electronic network activity information. Examples include internet protocol address, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer's interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement, operating system, session ID, information about your device, browser type and language, referring and exit pages, click or touch stream data, movement, scroll, or keystroke activity.
- g. Geolocation data. HR Signal does not collect precise geolocation data about you.
- h. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information. HR Signal does not collect audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information about you.
- i. Professional or employment-related information. Examples include professional experience, roles, departments, work certifications, and similar information.
- j. Education information. Examples include education background, history, institutions, certifications, and similar information.
- k. Inferences. Examples include information HR Signal collects to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer's preferences, characteristics, marketing, analytics, and preference data, behavior, or attitudes.
- l. Sensitive personal information. HR Signal does not collect sensitive personal information about you.
We collect and use personal information for business or commercial purposes. For all categories of personal information, these purposes may include auditing; detecting security incidents; protecting against and prosecuting illegal activity (such as fraud); ensuring the physical safety of individuals; debugging; short-term transient use of personal information; performing services on behalf of HR Signal, such as maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing analytic services, providing storage, or providing similar services on behalf of HR Signal; providing advertising and marketing services; undertaking internal technological research; verifying or maintaining the quality or safety of a service or device; improving a service or device; monitoring and improving our website functionality; and personalizing your website experience.
We also collect and use personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and for everyday Service provision purposes.
We may combine the data that we collect in order to provide these functions.
For all categories of personal information, we may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event HR Signal is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale or transfer of all or part of its assets. We may also disclose all categories of personal information to our affiliates and subsidiaries. HR Signal may be required to disclose your personal information to law enforcement, regulatory agencies, or litigants based on enforceable requests for this information. We may also need to disclose information based on fraud protection or as otherwise permitted or required under applicable law.
For all categories of personal information, we may also disclose your personal information to our service providers, partners, or collaborators we work with in the course of our business, any entity you instruct us to disclose your personal information to and others.
HR Signal retains personal information in accordance with our legal obligations, to defend against claims, or in compliance with our data retention policies.
9. You may exercise your rights under applicable laws relating to your personal information
You may have additional privacy rights under applicable state consumer privacy laws that we describe in further detail below. Depending on the laws applicable in your jurisdiction, you may have the following rights:
- b. Access. You may request access to your personal information. You may use this access form to request access to your personal information.
- c. Correction. You may request the correction of your personal information. You may use this correction form to request the correction of your personal information.
- d. Deletion. You may request the deletion of your personal information. You may use this deletion form to request the deletion of your personal information. We may not be required to delete your personal information in all circumstances.
- e. Opt Out of Sale or Sharing of Personal Information. You may have the right to opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal information. HR Signal does not sell your personal information; therefore, there is no need for you to opt out of the sale of your personal information. However, HR Signal may use personal information for behavioral advertising or analytics, which may be considered to be a sale of personal information under some state privacy laws. You may opt out of this behavioral advertising or analytics using our website cookie banner (you can also do this by clicking the Manage Cookies link or the Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information link).
- f. Restriction. You may request the restriction of your personal information. You may use this restriction form to request the restriction of your personal information.
- g. Objecting to processing. You may request the object to the processing of your personal information. You may use this objection form to object to the processing of your personal information.
- h. Portability. You may request access to your personal information. You may use this data portability form to access your personal information.
- i. Opt out of Automated Decision-Making and Profiling. You may have the right to opt out of automated decision-making technology or profiling. HR Signal does not use your personal information using automated decision-making or profiling as described under applicable laws. Therefore, there is no need for you to opt out such profiling or automated decision-making.
- j. Limit Use of Sensitive Personal Information. You may have the right to ask us to limit our use of your sensitive personal information. HR Signal does not collect your sensitive personal information. Therefore, there is no need for you to limit the use of your sensitive personal information.
- k. Appeal. HR Signal offers a right to appeal. You may use this appeal form to appeal a denial of one of the rights described in this section above.
- l. Non-discrimination. You may have a right to be free from discrimination for exercising your rights in this section.
- m. Complaints. You may have a right to lodge a complaint with a local supervisory authority or a regulator.
You may have the right to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf in compliance with applicable state consumer privacy laws. Your designated authorized agent may use the links above to make a request on your behalf. We must also receive a signed letter from you that describes you, your designated authorized agent, and the purpose of the designation.
10. You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications
You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by using the unsubscribe link found on our emails or replying to an email with a request to unsubscribe. However, you may continue to receive transactional emails from us.
11. You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications
We use “cookies” on your device browser to collect information about you and your activity across our site. A cookie is a small piece of data that our website stores on your computer, and accesses each time you visit, so we can understand how you use our site. This helps us serve you content based on preferences you have specified.
We may use services from third parties on our website including those from Facebook
, Google Analytics
, and Pinterest
. You may opt out of receiving these cookies using our cookie banner. You may also use the privacy features of your browser to do so.
Our website does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
12. We may disclose your information for corporate transactions
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
14. We may transfer your personal information from Europe to the United States
HR Signal may act as a data controller for the personal information that we collect directly from you or for other purposes. We are located in the United States. We may store, access, use, or otherwise process your personal information in the United States or in any other country where we or our service providers do business or maintain facilities. As a result, your personal information may be transferred across different jurisdictions.
Where required to by our customers, we may transfer personal information in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable law. For example, we may use standard contractual clauses issued by the European Commission
for data transfers to data controllers and data processors established outside of the European Union, European Economic Area, Switzerland, and the UK.
16. You may contact us